The stone cottage in Panmure

On Tuesday morning my class went to the stone cottage by our school. Around 10 am it was my classes turn to go to the cottage. Luckily for us the cottage was only across the road.

Once we got there we met these two people named Terry and Patrick. Terry showed us a few pictures of Panmure back in the days. She was telling us the history of Panmure and one of the things she told us was that the stone cottage used to be by the McDonalds that we now have in Mt Wellington.

When she was done telling us the history she let us inside. Once inside we went to the first room which was opposite from the bedroom. It was the parlour or sitting room and we were greeted by this lady named Josephine. At first I thought she was a mannequin until I saw her eyes blinking. There were  lots of pictures in the room which had a lot of history.

We finished and went into the other room. The room we went into next, had a lot of old fashioned stuff like old dolls, clothes and some old fashioned bed covers. There  were two old fashioned dolls which were really creepy.

After that we went into the kitchen and the lady showed us some antique cups and bowls. Most of the bowls and cups were really pretty and elegant. In the kitchen there was this really creepy doll sitting on this old highchair.

We went upstairs and looked in this one room which had a lot of antique stuff like typewriters, a Faberge egg, perfume bottles, a corset and a man’s boots and some more old stuff.

We went into the second bedroom which had another crib with a doll inside of it and there was another bed. There were 3 mannequins with different clothes that had been donated over  the years. They were old.

At the very end my class went back down stairs and went outside and took a few pictures. It was really nice and interesting there. I have often wondered what was inside the cottage