Making my tree house

=]\

During the last week of last term, we did a project where we had to all make our own tree huts. It was really really fun,and our teacher let us bring some recyclable  things from home like tissue boxes and toilet rolls. I used boxes to make my tree hut. I joined them together and added some toilet rolls underneath them so that the hut stood above the ground. I decided to glue the toilet rolls onto a base so that my tree hut would be strong and balanced. 

When we made the treehouse our teacher let us paint and decorate. I added some polystyrene marshmallows on the roof since we had to make our treehouses water and I thought this would be a good way to add another layer of waterproofing. This was one of the success criteria we had to pass to be successful. The others were that we had to be able to put four pairs of scissors inside to see if it could hold some weight. Finally we needed to make it wind resistant.

When we were all done Mrs Yumul helped me cut out the windows and added curtains. After that we went and did the test with the wind and the weight of 4 pairs of scissors. When we finished we did the rain resistance test and we all passed. It was really really fun and I hope to do it again.

One thought on “Making my tree house

1. Hi Olivia, that was an amazing cool tree hut! Try to put more surface ground
    and more protection for the competition!Other than that, just try to put
    more polystyrene on the roof so it can protect the inside of your house.
    Jaeden out.